There may come a time where you, your parents, or another elderly relative living in the low country of South Carolina, may need the services of a local home health care agency. Nobody wants to become injured or sick, but life happens, and when it does, know that there are great institutions offering home health care in Charleston.
Before approaching the various agencies providing home health care in Charleston, make a list of questions. When talking to the various representatives write down the answers, so you can compare them afterwards. The information you gathered during these conversations will then help you to make an informed decision.
1. What kind of services do you offer? Do they include: bathing and grooming, dressing, light housekeeping, meal planning and preparation, medication reminders, as well as eating and feeding assistance, and incontinence management?
2. Do the caregivers working in home health care in Charleston also take care of pets?
3. Is emotional support available? The loss of their independence can be traumatic for some patients, as well as dealing with their health issues.
4. Do you provide both short and long term assistance? You need to make sure that short term commitments can be extended in case a recovery is not going as smoothly as predicted.
5. Are the caregivers engaged in home health care in Charleston supervised by registered nurses? Do they receive ongoing in-house training?
6. Is professional support staff available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week?
7. Will supervisors and registered nurses always be accessible to answer my questions? Although you may be satisfied with the initial information you received, other concerns may pop up later on. If that happens, you want them answered by professionals you can trust.