1. Professionalism. You may be uncertain about handing over care of your loved one to a stranger, but our caregivers are certified and thoroughly screened, and receive regular 'in-service' trainings to keep their professionally-trained skills sharp.
2. Personalized care. Every good home health agency has a licensed RN on staff to oversee the caregivers and cases, and each patient's care is tailored to suit their specific needs.
3. Medication control. With a professional caregiver monitoring your loved one's health, there's no need to worry about whether or not they've forgotten to take their medication; Certified Nursing Assistants will carefully chart all medication and health information.
4. Nutrition and food preparation. Malnutrition can be a problem for older adults living on their own, either because they're unable to cook for themselves or can't get out to the grocery store. A caregiver can help prepare healthful, tasty meals, and thereby stave off easily avoidable health problems.
5. Transportation. A home health professional can make sure that your loved one makes it to all of their appointments ready and on time, and can pick up groceries and prescriptions-all the ingredients for a healthy life at home.
6. Company. Lack of social interaction can not only lead to depression in the elderly and disabled, but can also contribute to the deterioration of their mental capabilities. Friendly conversation and company will improve the emotional and mental state of your loved one.
7. 24/7 support. Clients will be able to reach their agency at all times, should there be an emergency.
8. Peace of mind. There's little that causes more worry than the thought of a loved one with diminished physical or mental capacities home alone; knowing that a friendly, professional caregiver is there can give you some peace of mind in knowing that your parent isn't alone.
9. Family togetherness. The stress of caregiving can wreak havoc on family bonds, and hospitalizing a loved one can leave family members at the mercy of visiting hours and having to travel to spend time with their spouse, parent, or child. Hiring a caregiver allows your loved one to remain in the comfort of their home, and can eliminate much of the stress and promote harmony within a family during difficult times.