A great alternative to nursing care is Home Health Care.
Here are some Advantages you may want to consider:
1. Allows the patient to recover in the comfort and security of their own surroundings.
2. Offers Individualized care according to their specific needs.
3. Makes it possible to be able to care for a patient where they live. It may delay the need for an elderly loved one to be placed in a nursing facility.
4. Offers maintaining independence. Knowing your parents for years as strong and independent can be quite scary once they are unable to do most things any longer. It is difficult for them as well as for their children. If possible, it is such a wonderful thing to make them feel independent by offering them some help instead of wisking them off to a nursing facility if they don't want that. It's true, in some cases it just cannot be helped; however depending on your situation -- home care can be a great alternative.
5. Provides a patient and their family more control over the type of care given to the patient. A responsible person must coordinate all of the services and costs required in order for a at-home program to work successfully.
6. Offers one-on-one personalized attention, unlike that within a hospital or nursing facility. For example, a staff person may be totally responsible for the care of 10 or even more residents in a nursing facility. This advantage alone is something to consider if your situation warrants it.